4.24.2010

communique

In my capacity as international dance conference and festival coordinator, I receive emails like the following:

Hello
The announcement that the WDA is [person's name removed].
The difference is marked as misspelled hayeoseo presenter is trying to change.
Total paper presenter spent three people please speak to two people.
Would it be possible?
Please.

Thank you.
I experience such intense frustration in the face of this because I want to understand and assist accordingly. Also, I'm hit in the face with just how weird linguistic communication is-- that which seems utterly natural to me is revealed to be wholly artificial. Thank heavens for the bilingual who assist me in these situations. The author of the above message is presenting a paper which was co-authored with another individual. However, the proposal they submitted erroneously listed a third author as well, and they are requesting that I remove this third name from the listing on the conference schedule.

No comments: