6.25.2007

Gouged

In a variation on a recipe from Judy Rodgers, I whip up some rustic gougères,



pull my spicy onion pickle out of the fridge,



and turn the gougères into little sandwiches, filled with arugula, roasted portobellos, and- of course- the onion pickle.




I intended these for a casual lunch picnic, but my friend canceled at the last minute because she needed to do some housework. Kenneth declared "housework" to be the worst explanation he's ever heard for breaking a social date. I must admit that he has a point; the whole turn-of-events left me and my gougères feeling disposable. The sandwiches were all but assembled when the picnic was called off, so I was able to save them for dinner, which also involved a cool minty pea soup that I had made for the picnic lunch.

No comments: