4.01.2006

A Certain Kind of Calm

>From: "Court"
>To: "Erk"
>Subject:
RE: friendster mail...urgh!
>Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:52 pm

brad said that we both have tv addictions- my biggest one (six feet under) last season came out today.is it bad to hole up in one's home with 20 hours of a dvd series?........
court

>From: "Erk"
>To:"Court"
>Subject: we both have tv addictions
>Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:32:06 -0600

*is it bad to hole up in one's home with 20 hours of a dvd series?

I don't know if it's bad or good, healthy or destructive, but I know it's thrilling and satisfying. I'm often most excited about the moment when one episode ends and I try to resist, reminding myself that I swore this would be the last one I'd watch.......but impulsively I start the next episode, flooding my brain and body with delight and a certain kind of calm.

xo
erk

>From: "Court"
>To: "Erk"
>Subject: we both have tv addictions
>Date:
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:29 pm

i have never heard the moment of decision described so eloquently [erk blushes]...i was at that crossroads when i awoke at 1:30 last night,knowing my alarm would ring in 5 hours,but unable to restrain from watching 2 more episodes. i went to bed like a baby with a full tummy. the word tummy is so stupid.
c

No comments: