4.06.2006

Flagrant flouting of the simple rules that govern mundane transactions in society

I'm not convinced that these are the answer. However, I've developed a rather violent reaction to people-- undergrad boys, really-- "[n]ot wiping equipment down after [they]'ve gotten it sweaty at gym." I find myself screaming at them in my mind: "Hey, you filthy muckpot of a motherfucker..." Perhaps if, in the future, I imagine giving them an "Urban Asshole Card," I can smile smugly rather than writhe in fury.

Ditto for "Bringing child to R-rated film."

Also, I get really cracked up by "Using Barnes & Noble as den." I think it's the specification of Barnes & Noble that really tickles me. The rest of the violations are strictly generic-- so generic, in fact, that "gym," "film," etc. appear sans article. The violation here seems to be aesthetic or taste-based: how can you cozy-up in an environment so inorganic and corporate that it would kill an otherwise thriving plant in a matter of minutes. Or my giggles may just spring from my utter lack of feeling for Barnes & Noble...

No comments: