7.29.2006

So I did eat it; but was much confused at his so kind and unusual Freedom and Condescension. And, good Sirs! you can't imagine how Mrs. Jewkes look'd, and star'd, and how respectful she seem'd to me, and call'd me good Madam! I'll assure you! urging me to take a little Bit of Tart.


A sour cherry crostata. The crust is essentially a big lemon-flavored cookie. Last week's sour cherry pie (no image captured) was better, I think. Or it may just be that last week's cherries were better.

While baking both pies, I thoughtlessly gobbled up the unused dough: I love raw pastry dough, but I can't keep up such reckless behavior.

The crostata (as with last week's pie-- you'd think I'd learn my lesson) took longer to bake than expected. I love working at Madison Hostel because I can phone in and say, "I have a pie in the oven, so I'll probably be 15 minutes late for work." Grace, who worked the morning shift before my whopping ten-hour Friday double shift, clearly thought I was insane, but I know that the hostel's management accepts such civil, reasonable excuses for minor tardiness.

PS - Richardson's Pamela is surely the best sour cherry tart in all of 18th-c. letters.

4 comments:

MC said...

I hope to be hanging out at your pad at some point, not only for the splendid company but to replace your reckless behavior with mine. I would happily gobble up stray unbaked scraps!

MC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MC said...

A horrifying follow up:

Robert Wilson makes no bones about using Kronos blue!

http://www.alternativetheater.com/graphics/galfull/WilsonCaligari16.jpg

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Logistic recruiters Vacation ski packages quicken premier home and business 2006 + $18 Water bed wholesale Jeeps within 100 miles Gay dry humping Salomon ivy boots free home owner insurance