9.17.2006

"One Spoonful more of Greens, my Dear,/ Eat freely, Love, and never fear..."

-Ned Ward, Dialogue V, Between a melancholy fanciful Gentleman and his merry bantering wife, from Nuptial Dialogues and Debates (1723)




Mixed microgreens: a whole garden in miniature on one plate and in one bite. They're a little too intense for Kenneth and a little too expensive for my budget. But, I needed a treat a couple of nights ago when I was dining at home alone. So the little plastic box of microgreens went into the grocery basket and home with me.



Every time I ate them I took a picture. They're so exuberant.



They were best in a lunch salad, topped with heirloom tomatoes, left-over salt and pepper shrimp, and a simple vinaigrette.



Kenneth may not like microgreens, but he looooves salt and pepper shrimp. He calls it (to my giddy delight) "America's new favorite."

2 comments:

MC said...

I propose a meal featuring both microgreens and that wee little lemon that I always think about and love so much!

Erk said...

I haven't had access to wee lemons in a long time. Not since I took the pic you mention. If they every reappear at the store, rest assured that an orgy of images will flood my e-world.