5.26.2007

Clocks...

While I was making dinner, I began to hum Coldplay's Clocks, one of the many songs that I murmur unconsciously as I go about my business. At some point, I should catalog those tunes. The list is guaranteed to horrify: I often feel bad for Kenneth who has to listen to me as I mindlessly hum Sleigh Ride and Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy throughout the year...

Anyhoo, as I continued to make our shrimp salad, Kenneth and I began to rewrite the lyrics of Clocks.

My best effort, I think:
Some clocks you have to wind;
I prefer the battery kind.
Kenneth, of course, trumped me repeatedly. I favor these couplets:

Analog clocks, they have hands;
I sing about clocks with my band.
Clocks are square and clocks are round,
And alarm clocks make a sound.

Such silly boys today who poke fun at Coldplay.

No comments: