9.11.2008

Jon Hendricks

Years ago, Kenneth introduced me to the genius, splendor, and electricity of Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross. A week ago last night, we saw national treasure Jon Hendricks perform live at an outdoor concert just off Madison's Capitol Square. What a joyous, life-affirming, and artistically bright performance.

Hendricks took the stage along with his delightful and wonderfully capable daughter. He-- overwhelmed with pride-- announced her name over and over again throughout the evening: "ARIA HENDRICKS!!!!"

Hendricks whistled an extended solo while holding a drum stick as if it were a flute. He similarly performed a tremendous bass solo sans bass.

Hallelujah.

2 comments:

Kenneth Burns said...

Best show I've seen in years. I'm so glad we shared the experience.

tooknap press said...

I'm in love with him, even though I haven't heard a note. BTW, are those your TLC crackers?