10.07.2008

From This Weekend's Market


Potatoes from a farmer who told me last week that that was the last week he would have them. I can abide this kind of untruthfulness.

"Sweet like Walla Walla" onions. Total cost of these: 25¢.

Turnips.

Tomatoes from a farmer who convinced me to take the fourth one by saying, "If you get a yellow, you'll have one of each color."

Okra, surely the last of the season and risky at that. This purchased from a farmer who seemed to be Eastern European or Russian and who spoke really no English. She showed me how much okra I would get for $1.50 (her increment, not mine) by creating a little heap.

Kohlrabi,as promised.

Beets, also as promised. We've already had the delicious latkes.

Bi-color corn.

Cauliflower for the regular.

Apples: honey crisp (A-mazing!), mollies, and gala.

2 comments:

tooknap press said...

the beets: harmonious!

Erk said...

My goal with the onions: anxious (huddled) yet hopeful.