11.29.2009

Alumni Notes

The post of 11/11/09 reminds me of a moment during my first year in college when, as a freshly out gay I witnessed two unimpugnably straight seeming dormmates wrestle one another to the floor in the hall yet again. When they'd completed their roughhousing and stood up, one of them had a huge erection. He noticed me noticing his erection. At the time, I felt as though I'd won-- as though I'd learned a malevolently powerful secret. I don't feel that way anymore. Although the event remains, as it was at the time, titillating, now I mostly wonder with a wry cynicism why the situation didn't immediately devolve into bisexual bacchanalia. All this took place, afterall, on the campus of Wesleyan University.

2 comments:

tooknap press said...

who were the boys?
word verification, and I'm not lying:
racksta

Erk said...

Noah somebody and Brendan somebody. I can accurately identify their frosh halls (westco down one and westco up two, respectively) but not so their surnames. The former was the more unimpugnable and also the hugely erect.