6.03.2010

Notes on From This Weekend's Market

1) Last week, visiting the Hilldale market which is not my usual destination, a farmer looked at me as though I were a lunatic when I asked her if she had varieties of mint other than spearmint. This week, the loveliest fellow sold me a pot of Kentucky Colonel-- just what I was looking for. He had another variety of mint as well, and I wish I'd gotten it. But I was worried that I'd run out of cash if I went overboard midway through the circuit. If he's there next week, I may go in for more mint-- only partly to spite Farmer Spearmint. Farmer Loveliestfellow may also have some exciting variety of tarragon. I had something lovely several years ago (bushy, it was, with smaller, more delicate leaves) which I haven't managed to find again since.

2) This note goes with yesterday's post. The farmer said, "Phil. I'll be right with you as soon as I help the lettuce guy." I was the lettuce guy.

No comments: