8.28.2006

It's Like He's A Real Boy!

Apparently Heidi Klum's comments on the villain of Project Runway Season Three refer to Keith Michael, the fellow who was kicked off the show for harboring pattern books in his bedroom. I suppose that makes sense, apart from the fact that I all but forgot Keith following his sudden departure. The show's treatment of his villainy was so curt and cursory-- I don't get why Heidi's excitement sounds so promotional.

Misunderstanding Ms. Klum's intention, I tried to put my finger on this season's villain: isn't Nina always a villain? Must be the Antarctic mother of 5 or 6, Laura Bennett?




Wasn't Wendy Pepper a villain, so is this villain thing (Heidi: "
You always hope for something like that.") all that new?

Before the above link sorted everything out for me, I firmly concluded that Jeffrey Sebelia must be the villain: everybody hates him, his dark attitude, his rude treatment of Angela's mother, etc., etc.




Maybe I just have a soft spot for recovering addicts. Or maybe I'm just too West Coast-y. I'm rather fond of Jeffrey. I find him interesting to look at-- his is a type rarely glimpsed on the little box. I love(d) looking at Jeffrey and Alison Kelly together. Such a great contrast, that pair: pale, gritty, weathered street layers next to a fantastic, soft, luminous, Lolitalike one-piece.



She's only been gone a week, but I really miss Alison. Oh to have seen her mother (or sister) on the most recent episode!! (I've begun to theorize that she was removed from the competition because her family members weren't available for the mother/sister challenge... or she was discovered in a magical cabbage patch and has no family...)

As you ponder Jeffrey's behavior last week, keep in mind that he gets stuck with Angela's mom: no one else wants her. Also note that she targets his fabric, something that Jeffrey can't revise at that point in the challenge. The feedback we see her give Time is purely unhelpful, and Jeffrey reacts to this in particular.

Of course she cries: how easy is that? It's a pity that she doesn't start to cry the minute she is paired with Jeffrey... I was impressed by his positive attitude in that moment; he says something like "We'll have fun, I promise." Of course said fun never manifests itself, but I suspect that Darlene is (quietly, passive-aggressively) too me-me-me to enable said fun. Why would a woman like Darlene go to Jeffrey for a garment? Purely on a lark. Her behavior is strictly larkless.

Long live Jeffrey Sebelia, who I do not expect to make the top three but whose t-shirt is the only one I've considered ordering.

12 comments:

Erk said...

BTW, is Jeffrey gay? Any thoughts?

Anonymous said...

I believe he mentioned at some point that he has a girlfriend and a child back in Cali. I recall them showing a picture of the three of them standing on a hillside somehwere.

I am OBSESSED with this show...love it love it love it! Allison was definitely my favorite and it's just not the same since she left. What are your thoughts for the Top 3?

Erk said...

What you report about Jeffrey makes sense. I vaguely remember something along those lines, but I wasn't invested in him at that point.

I anticipate Uli and Michael will make the final three. Maybe Laura? None of the others are consistent enough. However, following Allison's elimination, all bets may be off. I still don't understand why she was nixed: her outfit was no good, but it was her first slip, no? I love everything that fourfour has to say about her, btw. My Project Runway blog entry is a fraud compared to his quippy brilliance... even if he is a self-loathing bottom.

Anonymous said...

I definitely think Michael and Uli will be there until the end. Although I don't agree with it, I have a sneaking suspicion Kayne will beat Jeffrey out for the final spot. Stupid Wendy Peper did the same thing to Austin Scarlett in season 1. I love that he designs wedding gowns now.

MC said...

Nothing makes me sadder than the fact that I have had no access to cable television since the beginning of this season. Wednesday will be my very first chance to see anything of the current PR. I can only hope this will bring me up to speed so I can be a better team player on this blog and in my life in general.

Anonymous said...

Jeffery made a mama cry. That is not okay. I would have kicked him off immediately, asked him back, bitch-slapped him, and kicked him off again. It is never ok to make a mom cry. I know she was Andrea's mom and bladdy blah, but still, she is a mom, and she cried, and that made me soooo mad at that little bastard. So he's a reformed junky, so what, maybe the drugs made him nicer.

Anonymous said...

Angela. Why I want to call her Andrea is beyond me. All season I've been doing it. Angela's mom is who cried, although he probably would've made Andrea's mom cry too.

Erk said...

Oops: yes. That's what I meant: Angela's mom. I suppose I just have Alison on the brain... so nice to have Alison on the brain.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, Angela's mom probably cries a lot. She seemed a little too sensitive for her own good. As for Jeffrey (and I must admit, I'm not the biggest fan) the worst part is that he acted so rudely in front of his own mother. It's one thing to make a mom cry, but it's quite another to behave like a little bitch in front of one's own mama. Mine woulda washed my mouth out with vinegar.

Erk said...

If you haven't, check out the extra footage on bravotv.com: Jeffrey's mom questions the behavior of Angela's mom. This only confirms my suspicion that J was editted to be the bitch in this situation. Also, consider how manipulative Angela can be (telling Kayne that he needs her on the pageant challenge...)-- she ain't no angel, which might be why Cory and I are both determined to rename her.

Anonymous said...

thank you for seeing the real side of jeffrey. hes not bad. he just speaks the truth. and angela and her mom were up to something. i dont like them at all. im glad shes gone.

Anonymous said...

okay well, i dont know why everyone hates jeffrey. that red head is a two faced biach of the lowest kind. she doesnt break a sweat during back stabbing rampages. she could have had tact when airing her concerns about her competition, but then again, the mind games and shaking people's confidence and demeanor benefits her ultimate goals of tearing down the real competition. and didnt you just hate when she said she expected jeffrey to react a different way? talk about defamation and planting seeds in people's minds to benefit her sick agenda. thank gawd being a mother of five boys and two girls kept my mothers morals in tact. shame on red head... she's a disgrace to us all.