8.01.2006

Who, from the tumps with bright green mosses clad,
Plucks the wood sorrel, with its light thin leaves,
Heart-shaped, and triply folded; and its root
Creeping like beaded coral...




All summer long, I've purchased sorrel from a farmer who repeatedly thanks me for appreciating her labor of love. It's really all my pleasure. Sorrel is so mysterious-- a green not bitter but rather quilted with a citrus-y flavor as intense as the seasoning on a dorito. But, of course, all natural.



Tonight I served a rough chiffonade of sorrel with roasted beets, fried goat cheese, and a creamy balsamic vinaigrette. The salad needs a little fine tuning (I want a softer, tangier chevre, maybe the cheese should be peppered before it's fried, etc.), but I'm sold on this combination of flavors, colors, and textures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I could go for a good meal lovingly prepared in your sweet little kitchen, to be followed of course by Andy Warhol films and obscure music on the turntable.

Erk said...

Cory, you are welcome anytime you're in Madison!

Anonymous said...

What a great site Honda of fife levaquin about Big boobed latina lesbians alarm systems top 10 inkjet printer