11.03.2007

Final Market



Throughout summer 2006, I posted my weekly take from Madison's Capitol Square farmers' market. This year, I was a much less avid attendee of the market-- unable to get there early and unwilling to brave the cloying crowds after 9:00 am. Likewise, when I made it to the market, I failed to share its fruits (and vegetables) with you. Here, though, is an exception: today's take from this year's final Capitol Square market. Beautiful little turnips, vibrant pink chard, a massive stalk of Brussels sprouts, half a raw sheep's milk cheese from Butler Farms. Sadly, no sorrel. But still, a lovely end to the season, no?

3 comments:

MC said...

A beautiful end to the season!

Also, might I be so bold as to request a post about poaching eggs? Your tips for boiled eggs took my breakfast from good to GREAT!!! and surely you have similar tips for other eggy issues.

I'll even promise an accompanying post of a similar eggish subject.

Erk said...

I'm not as experienced with poaching eggs as I am with hard-boiling. I have been eyeing a recipe which recommends a method for poaching eggs en masse when entertaining. If I can get my act together, I will report on that as well as other poaching experiences. In the last few years, I battered and fried poached eggs. I can't remember if I blogged about that. I can't find the entry if I did.

MC said...

Would love any bits and pieces you could pass along. I feel them all very deeply, man of feeling...