1.06.2008

New Years Resolutions: Cleanness and Meanness

Heavily inspired by Channel4/BBC-America's How Clean Is Your House?, which Kenneth recently discovered and recorded for us, I'm in a massive tidying and scrubbing spree. It may delay my dissertation a tad, but-- for the quality-of-life improvement alone, not to mention the health benefits-- it's worth it.



Resolution 1: "What I 'ave 'ere is 'bout 100 ml of salt-- just table salt-- and 100 ml of bicarbonate of soda. And in this bowl, just hot water... Elbow grease is a good part of it, too, you know!" Reinstate the chore wheel and keep up the cleaning.

*

While sorting through masses of paper that I've saved over the last so many years, I discovered an issue of W which I'd held onto primarily because of this image:



Really, it's the most unflattering photo of four socialites that I believe I've ever seen. I need this kind of quiet bitchiness to keep me sharp and smiling.

Resolution 2: "Mike Tyson not in Dior." Re-subscribe to W.

1 comment:

MC said...

Image one looks like a series of stills from a B-52s music video. But WHERE is Fred?

Image 2 looks like Watermill...in the very best of ways. Come next summer and see this with me in the FLESH.