1.02.2008

Receipt Amnesty Day

Kenneth declared January 1, 2008 Receipt Amnesty Day for me. To celebrate, I insisted that we create this photo:



Over the last several-- yes, several-- years I've saved all my household-expense receipts with the intention of entering them into Quicken so that Kenneth and I can settle our accounts and even out our shared costs. Mind you, I grocery-shop almost daily, which means that there were bags and boxes crammed with receipts waiting to be recorded-- some so old that the ink had all but evaporated. Kenneth's Quicken records are, of course, entirely current. I was the one holding up the process. I had taken the time to separate all the 2005 tabs into monthly folders, but that's about it.

We began 2008 with a receipt bath, then a receipt purge, and then hoppin' john and collard greens. I can't tell you how light and giddy this made me. Namely, the purge. I've already established a spreadsheet (Quicken be damned) and begun to record 2008 receipts. I enter 2008 a cleansed, cautiously optimistic man.

2 Post Scripts:
1. Our bath isn't as filthy as it looks. Much of what appears to be scum is sediment from the water, I promise.
2. I really did bathe in the receipts: click here for the shameless proof.

1 comment:

MC said...

Its 2008 and this blog post is wonderful. I take this as a sign of great things to come!

Congrats on the purge and urge to get funky for the camera. Applause all around!