6.22.2008

Strawberries, Genoise, and Agar-Stabilized Cream






I intended for the chocolate glaze to drip down the sides, leaving the layers partially exposed, but it didn't behave the way I expected. Not sure what the little light brown flecks are-- possibly tiny bits of cream that were browned during heating. RLB directed me to strain the glaze, but-- worried that it would become too cool in sieving-- I didn't. Not sure this is the prettiest arrangement of these components (boy that cream looks nice in the earlier pics), but I expect it's tasty and will be pretty enough when cut. We'll see. It's chilling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey! Thank you for the plate posts! We just got back from a week in (computerless) NH. Wish I could come over for a slice of that Earl Grey cake.

Erk said...

I'll do everything in my power to ensure that a slice of that is in your future!