7.02.2007

Cold Shrimp Bouillabaisse

I purchased Daniel Boulud's Café Boulud Cookbook because one quarter of the book-- the section entitled "Le Potager"-- is devoted to vegetarian specialties, therefore ensuring that I wouldn't end up with another cookbook, one half of which is devoted to meaty things that I'm sure are fabulous but which I won't prepare. Of course, I began my investigation of the recipes not with a vegetarian entrée but with a dessert-- coffee cardamom pots du crème, which is potent, rich, and delicious. I then proceeded with this Cold Shrimp Bouillabaisse




which I thought might fit nicely into the menu of a dinner party set on our back porch during the warmer part of the summer. The recipe isn't simple, but the richness of the broth is well worth it. And, I can make it a day in advance so that, if all goes as planned and I don't decide to add things to the menu last minute, I can initiate the evening fresh and well-pressed, rather than looking like a wilted leaf of baby spinach. I will eventually get around to "Le Potager," but right now I'm creating a list of seafood lovers with whom I might share this fun, fancy new dish.

2 comments:

MC said...

May you always be fresh and well-pressed!

tooknap press said...

Add me to the list, please. Mais, où sont les pots de crème?