10.30.2007

Morning Bus Ride

Erk is the first to board the special extra #38 which sometimes runs at the end of rush hour.

The driver, jawing on his cellphone, greets him warmly. Erk is overwhelmed with joy to enter an empty bus.

The driver smiles throughout the drive; he repeatedly waits with a cordial look on his face as people dash for the bus.

Two Communication Arts graduate students begin to talk about their students, who have asked for an extension. Erk finds this stultifyingly dull and turns up his Sony Ericcson Walkman Phone: I'm not a child anymore. I'm tall enough, To reach for the stars. I'm old enough To love you from afar...

Erk exits the bus and, as he marches past the resting bus, waives to the driver not really caring if the fellow sees the gesture. Don't say that you love me! Just tell me that you want me! Tusk!

1 comment:

MC said...

...so I close my eyes softly, til i become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes...