10.03.2007

Under-Mine and Blow-Up


In case you didn't know, shit like this thrills me to no end: extended apocalyptic freak outs about emergent political parties which were wholly reasonable and not-at-all fanatical. The operatic pitch of Charles Leslie's title! Goosebumps! And it only gets better. How's this for an opening line?!

"Herod and Pilate, who cou'd agree in Nothing else, were made Friends, when they Joyn'd together against Christ."
Mind you, my mocking of Leslie is possible because I read him 300 years later. While I mock, I also take his arguments and concerns quite seriously.

1 comment:

MC said...

When I read this it is as though I am reading a diffent language all together. And it IS a different language, i suppose.

Also, erk, can you help a fellow blogger better understand how to italicize, boldicize, and shrinkify the text in blog posts like you so often do? I wanna steal your moves.