8.27.2008

From the UW Archives:
Helen C. White


1965 demolition to make way for H. C. White, which currently houses the English Department.

Construction shortly after.

H. C. W. from North Park Street, circa early 80's. There are lovely views from the 6th- and 7th-floor classrooms, but I wonder how my graduate school experience would have differed had it been set primarily in those lovely cottage-like buildings by the lake, the ones being destroyed in the initial picture above. Although... I understand that before H. C. W., the English Department was housed in Bascom Hall, a grand old structure. I'll try and post an image of it in the future.

H. C. W. from Lake Mendota, circa early 80's.

Summery detail from above picture: my favorite part of all this has little or nothing to do with H. C. W.

2 comments:

MC said...

What is your favorite part of all this?

Erk said...

The summery detail.