5.10.2008

No-Wait Training

At the gym, people often ask me if I'm still using a piece of equipment just when I've finished with it. I have a terrible habit of saying, "I'm all set." Terrible because most figure weight training exercises in sets. I'm all set sounds a great deal like I have another set or somesuch. I get a lot of blank looks in response to I'm all set. I'm trying to train myself to stop using this locution. I believe a response that prioritizes the enquirer is ideal: "It's all yours" or "You go ahead b/c I'm done."

3 comments:

tooknap press said...

I annoy myself with the knee-jerk response, "No thanks, I'm good," whenever anyone asks if I need help (usually carrying something heavy).

Erk said...

Yesterday at the gym:

Erk- Are you all set there?
Guy- No. I'm done. Go ahead.

rump shaker said...

"that's fine" "no it's fine"
i say these so much and it is so ridiculous.what in the hell does "fine" mean,anyway?instead of saying the above short versions,anytime i feel inclined to use the word fine i will have fun/pay homage to dolly/freak people out by quoting "just fine n' dandy,lord it's like hard candy christmas" in my most-annoying and brad-like wail i can muster....why don't you try that one next time?