4.18.2008

Breathing In

Two inspiring discoveries from the last few days:


Alexandre Herchcovitch's Spring-Summer 2008 Man collection: I could watch this video endlessly (lurch lurch lurch), and I plan to wear feathers in the coming months. For reals. Dangling feathers will add tiny Macumban breezes to my summer wardrobe.


Matthew Gray Gubler's website: I watched the final 2/3's of Criminal Minds the other night-- Season 3/Episode 14: Elephant's Memory. I'd never seen the show before. Dr. Spencer Reid's (Matthew Gray Gubler) herringbone sweater and forlorn locks caught my eye. And then there were adolescents, including a Johnny Cash adoring teen murderer, so I was all in. Gray Gubler was so cute and angsty smart and all that I looked him up after the show. At the end of my search, I happened upon his official site. Blew me away: I was expecting something sleek and star-machine-tooled, but instead I discovered his charming sketches and the fact that he appreciates cashews. I think I'm just aghast at finding-- at the end of a search that began with the CBS website-- evidence of a creative life being lived.

Just breathing all that in's been good for me this week.

1 comment:

tooknap press said...

1. re: alexandre, my dream ensemble for the coming months is the green suit:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2096/2425662324_e6033c33ac_o.jpg


2. I like taking baths, too! ! ! !