4.26.2008

How Many Cups??

During intermission at the UW-Madison Dance Program's spring program concert this evening, I bought a Perrier and a Reese's (2 Peanut Butter Cups) in order to support the budding student dance organization. I was only going to eat one of the cups and save the other for later, but I gobbled both down. OMFG--now, I am like on drugs. I haven't been this wired and wildheaded in forever. Apparently the concentration of the sugar and chocolate is just too much for me.
Erk: Dance is so delicate I mean watching dance requires focused attention and if a whole damn family gets up and exits in the middle of a piece then the piece is ruined and you know what else ruins a piece-- a dancer's contempo bra straps visible beneath her period costume-- the dance is ruined. But the concert was just terrific...

Kenneth: Oh, honey, will you even sleep tonight?

Erk: I'm wired, right??

Kenneth: How many cups did you have?

Erk: [manically tightening a loose drawer nob with his nail] Only two-- only two butter cups!

4 comments:

tooknap press said...

they put the sugar in the peanut butter and that's the thing it's not the CHOCOLATE in my PEANUT BUTTER it's the SUGAR in my PEANUT BUTTER which is why they're so DELICIOUS and trick you into thinking you could even have three, three butter cups before you're through.

Erk said...

Miss Pleasant X. Tooknap,

I deleted your comment-- deleted it forever! See next comment:

Erk said...

Banish the thought!!!!!!

PLEASE keep the comments coming. My life is very solitary (apart, of course, from my life with Kenneth who keeps me afloat, by which I mean both above dark waters and wafted up in the ether). I was just holding you up to Bradford as a shining example of blog-based conversation and comment.

Just promise me that you'll let me know if my comments et al get to be too much for you.

xoxo

tooknap press said...

Thought banished! Thank you very much!