4.17.2008

Spring Fashions

I debuted my spring fashions yesterday to great success. The success was defined by two cute & respectably stylish gay boys in their twenties distinctly cruising me-- one before 9 am. There was also a third less distinct encounter with a funny boy in a suit (Holding up a strip of plastic blockade for me to duck under, he said with twinkling eyes, "Madison construction"). That's a highly unusual set of events for me in Madison where homocruising in public is (in my experience) infrequent. Of course, it could have just been the weather, those two or three particular boys may have cruised everyone they passed yesterday, etc. But I like to think that the fashions, or the attitude they inspired in me, were the root of the reactions.


{photo I snapped of myself moving
through space in m' spring fashions}


Jin-Wen commented on today's offering: "Springy: all the leaves! [with accompanying lyrical hand gesture]" So far, so good.

2 comments:

MC said...

Surely the new duds played a role, and the extra spring in your step would most certainly catch the eye of any passers by. If either of those didn't do the trick in warming the heart of an erk-watcher, surely your handsome beard would take care of business!

tooknap press said...

Bill Cunningham's cruising, sent over by B. Hainley, made me think of you!

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/fashion/20080414_STREET_FEATURE/index.html